Thursday, June 30, 2016

Forever the Procrastinator: Daily Journaling


Where has all the time gone? Before writing my last post, I told myself I would post more often and now its been close to two months. If you've read any of my previous posts, you will know I have a bit of a problem with procrastination. It is something I am trying hard to overcome in nearly all aspects of my life and failing where somethings are concerned. (For example, I should be working on completing this weeks work for my online classes but I'm blogging instead. Don't worry, class work is going to immediately follow today's posts.Yes "Posts" as in more than one! It's a miracle, I know.)

While its been a while since I've posted, I haven't procrastinated entirely. In the past few months, I have continued my research and practicing of Shamanism as well as developing a solid foundation for both a physical and digital version of my own Book of Shadows. There have also been several craft/DIY projects that will make up the next several blog posts so keep an eye out for those.

I've posted before that I still consider myself a beginner. I've been interested in all Pagan type traditions, beliefs, practices, etc for many years. I've been learning and practicing for many years as well. However, I have not been open about this until very recently and still do not have as much faith in my own skills and knowledge as I think I should to consider myself anything other than a beginner. Regardless of how I feel about myself, I do still have people who are just starting out who come to me with questions. One of the things I always try to recommend is keeping a journal, and while I recommend it, this is something I have struggled with myself.

It is easy to write down what you do as you do it. When I plan spells, rituals, etc. there are pages and pages of notes that go along with it. I have a small book that is filled with idea after idea. It is recording your thoughts and feelings as you go through day to day life that is difficult. This becomes even harder when I fail at keeping myself focused on learning.

Over the next week, I am going to attempt to journal every day. (This will not be easy as it is a Holiday weekend here.) Even if I don't actually do anything that day, I am going to try to set aside a few minutes every day to think and write about something related to my own journey. I'm going to do this in the form of a blog post. I already have several posts planned to get me into the habit of posting every day. These include crafts, making tools, resources, book reviews, daily musings, spell work, etc.

I'm not sure what else I can say about journaling other than it can be a valuable tool in keeping you focused and keeping a record of your journey. So, I'm going to end this post here and go straight into the next one.

Up next: Musings and a partial DIY for your Book of Shadows.

Hope to see you there.
                                     StormFly

No comments:

Post a Comment